Students will not be allowed to register for the next term if they
- 1. Are absent for 36 hours a term (including leaves of absence; 36 hours are 1/5 of the total class hours
of a term)
- 2. Do not get 60 points for one of the courses taken.
- 3. Behave themselves so that other classmates are not disturbed.
Students will be expelled if they
- 1. Conduct behavior that will disgrace the honor of the University, e.g. theft, fighting, alcohol and drug
- 2. Commit vandalism.
- 3. Work illegally in Taiwan as stated in the Rules of the University.
- 4. Refer to regulations the NCYU
Students will be refunded in full if
- 1. The classes for which the students register are closed due to insufficient enrollment
- 2. The students need to go back to their own countries for their immediate family,
decide not to apply for an extension (see Remark 1) and the class has started for less than two
- 3. The students need to go back to their own countries because of heavy sickness or injury and
the class has started for less than two weeks.
- 4. The students cannot receive a visa or extend their visas and decide not to come back to learn
Chinese in three months.
- 5. If students request a refund for reasons not listed above, according to the Ministry of Education, the
refund policy is as follows:
|70%||Before the class starts.|
|50%||If the class has started but has not lasted for more than 1/3 of the
total class hours of a term. |
|No refund||If the class has lasted for more than 1/3 of the total class hours of a term.|
- 1. For the second situation listed in (1b) above, the students can apply for their tuition paid to be carried
over to the next term. This is referred to as an extension.
- 2. If the CSL students lose their student status for any reason, the University will immediately report the
status change of the students to the National Police Agency, Ministry of Interior, the Bureau of
Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Police Department of Chiayi City and Ministry of